Friday, March 4, 2011

In the Beginning...Day Two (con't)

One should refrain from quickly looking up a diagnosis.  The neurologists came back in within a half hour or so, saw that I was quite upset and again reassured me that they caught it early and treatment would start the next day.  They were very informative about the initial diagnosis, patient and young (lol!!!).  I still did not know the extent of GBS nor the details of the treatment (five days of IVig) they intended to begin.  However, I believed and trusted that I was in the best place for care.


The spinal headache had really started to gain momentum and all I wanted was darkness and quiet.  Thank the good Lord...Jaime, my nurse, who knows the Kostohryz's, got me an awesome private room and moved me in that afternoon (8/18).  I will forever be grateful for her.  Tony and Anthony arrived early evening and it was all I could do to even open an eye let alone explain my diagnosis.  They got me a cold washcloth and for the next three days all I wanted was the cold cloth on my eyes, quiet and all the pain meds they could bring on.  If I tried to sit up I experienced the most unbearable, head splitting pain ever...thus I needed help just getting to the bathroom that night.  I sent my guys on their way around 8 but I soon called them back (this I will never forget as I am a strong gal but this was the start of the vulnerability of being ill).  They stayed a while longer while I tried to relax.  My evening nurse fed me some pain meds and I eventually slept a bit (after the guys left for home).  



No comments:

Post a Comment